Thursday, February 11, 2010

Can I get aids if my friends blood got on my finger and I have a hang nail? We both are HIV-?

I dont think you can but still I worry a lot. Please help me. Thank You. (the blood amount was little)Can I get aids if my friends blood got on my finger and I have a hang nail? We both are HIV-?
They need to have HIV for you to get it. And even if your friend had it, the blood would need to go into an open wound for you to get it.Can I get aids if my friends blood got on my finger and I have a hang nail? We both are HIV-?
Sorry but ALL previous answers are not true, because a person can get the HIV virus and have it in his/her blood for weeks before the test becomes positive. In this time, the virus could be passed to another test-negative person. Rare cases of HIV have been caused by transfusion when a very early infection test was negative. As for the ';hang nail';, only if it causes a break in the skin and contact with blood or an open wound is it a concern. Consider the possibility of other sexually transmitted diseases and get yourself tested for peace of mind to stop worrying.
No you can't. You would need to share needles or have unprotected sex with someone WHO is HIV+. If there is no HIV there you can't catch something that is not there to be caught. I know a lot of people worry about things like this, but you have to be infected by someone who is already infected.
If you are both negative, there is absolutely no chance of contracting HIV. You can only get HIV from the blood of someone who has it.





Even if your friend was HIV+, i think the likelyhood of getting it through a hang nail would be small.
you can only get HIV from an HIV+ person
No it has to be someone who is HIV+ just wash your hands really good you should be fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment