Thursday, February 11, 2010

I have an ornamental metal flower basket I want to hang from a tree. Will I hurt the tree if I nail it in?

The tree is a mature tree with very thick bark although unsure of the type of tree. It would only take two nails to hang it, and the piece is not particularly heavy itself although flowers will be planted in it making it slightly heavier.I have an ornamental metal flower basket I want to hang from a tree. Will I hurt the tree if I nail it in?
You will not hurt the tree.





Trees are very adaptable. Have you ever noticed trees that grow really close to fences begin to absorb the fence into the tree trunk itself? It will do no damage at all.I have an ornamental metal flower basket I want to hang from a tree. Will I hurt the tree if I nail it in?
if it has a thick branch, you could nail it to that, or find someway to hang it from the trunk.
Not at all. My parents used to nail bird feeders and bird houses and suet to mature trees. And people have been building tree houses for kids for ages.
No problems putting a nail in a mature tree. I have a brass plaque nailed to an ash tree in my garden with no ill effects.
it will be fine.





as long as the tree is mature and you nail it to a big thick strong branch
No problem nailing it to a tree.





As an alternative you could use suitable size wood screws.

No comments:

Post a Comment