Sunday, February 7, 2010

I have terrible hang nails.?

what should I do? my fingers, mostly my thumbs, always, like, peel right at the edges by my cuticles. sorry if it sounds gross, but it is true. i've had them for so long! help!I have terrible hang nails.?
I have the same problem and winter and stress do not help. Revlon puts out a cuticle remover, I think Sally Hansen or whatever that brand is does to. My husband and I use it all the time, it has a brown handle and a little cutter thing at the end that you use to take off the hanging dead skin. Then constantly moisturize til it heals. As the skin grows in and heals you may have to trim it up again from time to time, but this tool is so small you can carry it with you easily.I have terrible hang nails.?
The first thing you should do to treat them is to get a manicure. You can get a cheap one at an Aesthetics school. They have a tool that will help. Also, did you know that in order to avoid hang-nails, you are supposed to regularly push your cuticle back or use a cuticle remover. Use the nails from your other fingers or the round end of a finger-nail file to push it back or buy a cuticle remover. My parents taught me that when I was little, but I've met quite a few people who didn't know that.
First start off by trimming your hangnails until there's no way you can create more yourself. This way if you do try to create more it will be painful, making you not want to mess with your fingers. Then you have to moisturize with some hand cream everyday. But it's not just dry skin it's about self control. You MUST stop messing with your fingers otherwise it won't get any better!
Trim them off with nail clippers so they don't snag or get any worse, after use cuticle cream daily, or just lotion because cuticle cream can be a bit pricey!
just don't pick on them, I did and one of my fingers got infected (gross i know), maybe lotion will work
Cut them off with nail clippers.
use lots o' hand lotion.





it will keeo them from starting

No comments:

Post a Comment