Thursday, February 11, 2010

How can I hang curtains in my bedroom without drilling or nailing?

My husband and I rent our apartment, and the light coming through our bedroom miniblinds is terrible. I want to put curtains over it, but I'm not supposed to drill or nail anything in. I need something that's not permanent. There's no room in the window frame for a tension rod. Any ideas?How can I hang curtains in my bedroom without drilling or nailing?
buy thoese plastic hooks that have double sided tape on the back and to remove the hook you just pull down on tap of tape thats left exposed. they are strong enough to hold a rod.How can I hang curtains in my bedroom without drilling or nailing?
Have you considered using window film? They have decorative ones (like flowers or bamboo or other colors) out there, and they are easily removable and not hard to place on the window. You can find them at a place like Home Depot. You can do a search on the home depot site for window film.
I used a stapler (leaves only very small holes) and a painted (to look pretty) paper bag, not terribly classy but it gets the job done. Good Luck!
Velcro strips will do the job
Get spring loaded curtain rods. They work like a shower curtain rod.
your apt don't let you put nails in any walls?? do they not let you decorate, hang pictures? that seems unfair. if you want to break the rule, drill away, just cover with spackle when you move. they have to repaint anyways when new tenants move in. i assume they use standard white paint? spackle will hide those holes.
Get a new one .... husband .

No comments:

Post a Comment