Thursday, February 11, 2010

How can I hang a cabinet without screws or nails?

I'm looking to hang a custom built cabinet for my BBQ tools outside, but I am not allowed by the housing manager to use anything that ';degrades the structural integrity'; of the house, ie. screws or nails. I live in Colorado, so we have all four seasons, with temperatures in the single to negative digits, and snow.





What do have any suggestions on what I can use to hang the storage box? It isn't quite a flat surface, but more like:


/


/


/


where the panels are angled outward slightly, then cut back in about an inch to angle out again. I've been thinking of using picture wire to hang it, but do you know of any 3M or equivelent hook with adhesive that can withstand the temperature range and strength?How can I hang a cabinet without screws or nails?
there are hooks that you can buy that have adhesive tape that sticks to some surfaces. it is not very strong. that is too bad.





but there are trays that you can buy that hook under a grill. that would be the next best thing to house your bbq tools.How can I hang a cabinet without screws or nails?
you can try using the 'No More Nails' product or 'Bulldog adhesive' (or another contractors grade adhesive).
Siding is not designed to support an element like a Cabinet. Cabinets require attachment ( via screws) to the wall structure studs. I'm sure the LL would be very upset with anything '; glued'; to the siding.


You could possible do a ';freestanding'; cabinet - with a support rack to the ground or make a deal with LL to leave cabinet in place after you leave. (LL might approve if he/she feels it is a PLUS)
I would buy some castor wheels to put on the cabinets. That way, I can move he cabinet around to whenever I might need it. You could also think about attaching a nice thick board to the top as a counter type surface for when you need just that little extra space for food or prep items. Nothing you use will be any kind of permanent solution for keeping the cabinet in place. It will continue to fall and eventually break under the strain of falling so much.
so why not build a rolling cabinet with a door and some shelves? put a small railing around the top to keep your fixins on when you bar-b-q
Build a stand alone frame that goes againt the wall, not on to it.





Then attach the cabinet to that.





Think PT 2X4 and 2X6.





Joe
liquid nail or no nails
There is no satisfactory way of attaching a cabinet without screwing it. I know of no glue that will work. It might for a short time but you will find it on the ground when you go out of a morning
  • skin tags
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment