Thursday, February 11, 2010

What kind of can I use to be able to nail through metal (trying to hang curtains and pictures)?

We bought a new home almost a year ago and I am just now getting to the point to where I can hang more pictures. I want to hang curtains and pictures but in certain areas of the wall you cannot nail through because there is metal underneath the wall. The house frame is made out of metal (the builder told us this before we bought the home).





Isn't there some sort of device I can buy to tell me where I can and can't nail? Also, isn't there some sort of device or tool that will allow me to nail through metal?What kind of can I use to be able to nail through metal (trying to hang curtains and pictures)?
a decent stud-finder is magnetic and will locate your metal frame. use self-tapping screws, not nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment